National Fuel is currently seeking an Automation & Electrical Engineer for an outstanding career opportunity in our Engineering Services department located at our Williamsville, NY office. National Fuel is proud to have an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, hard work is rewarded and promotion from within is supported. We offer exciting career opportunities for talented and ambitious job seekers and encourage you to apply today.
- Project management and technical guidance for the design and implementation of projects associated with pipeline measurement, process, and compression activities.
- Participate in project scopes, bid specifications, cost estimates, project design, material procurement, drawing review, project inspection, and technical assistance during construction and commissioning, and processing job completion requirements for electrical and automation related projects.
- Interact extensively with various stakeholders, vendors, engineering firms, and construction companies.
- Design, support, and evaluate automation and control systems to ensure efficient and safe facility and pipeline operations. Participate in start-up and commissioning as well as resolution of open issues.
- Provide direct support and guidance for programmable logic controllers (PLC), distributed process control systems (DCS), human machine interfaces (HMI), Historian data logging and reporting, associated instrumentation, and Operational Technology (OT) equipment and systems.
- Participate in the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s), electrical and automation drawings.
- Electrical design including power systems, integration of classified areas, conduit and cable to ensure code compliance.
- Design and installation of telemetering systems for integration into the SCADA system.
- Supervision of electricians/field technicians on new installations and in equipment troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to apply current system security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation, and integration of operational technology (OT) systems and networks to maintain appropriate security and risk mitigation.
- Provide support on a variety of projects including sustainability, emissions reductions, technology enhancements. Embrace innovation and establish standards for new systems.
- ABET accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- A minimum of 4 years prior experience in Controls and Automation Engineering.
- Experience in PLC programming and HMI based control systems as well as data communication and network systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, proven technical abilities and strong computer skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team environment is highly valued.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities are essential to success in this position.
- Prior project management experience is preferred.
- While this position will require travel to company facilities and project sites throughout Western NY and Northwest/Central PA, overnight travel requirements will be limited.
ABOUT NATIONAL FUEL:National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:The base salary range for this position is $87,000-$114,000.
This job posting contains a pay range, which represents the range of pay that National Fuel believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting that it might be willing to pay for the posted job. The specific base pay offered to a successful applicant will be based primarily on relevant professional experience. Other components that may be considered include: individual qualifications, licensures, industry specific experience, education and market demands for specialized skills. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. Exempt positions will also be eligible for an Annual Cash Bonus Plan.National Fuel offers a comprehensive benefits package including the following:
|· Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
|· Paid Company Holidays
|· Dental Coverage
|· Parental Leave for Mothers and Fathers
|· Vision Coverage
|· Tuition Reimbursement
|· 401(k) with Company Match
|· Life Insurance
|· Company Funded Retirement Savings Account
|· Long Term Disability Insurance
|· Flexible Work Schedule
|· Flexible Spending Account
|· Paid Time Off
|· Charitable Giving Programs
|· Annual variable bonus program
HOW TO APPLY
The successful candidate will be required to pass a DOT mandated drug test, as well as participate in random drug testing. The DOT maintains a list of banned substances which includes medical or recreational marijuana. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in PDF format) by February 29, 2024, to email@example.com. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted. Please reference position # 24-016NY in the subject line of your email.