Company Description:National Fuel is a diversified energy company headquartered near Buffalo, NY. Our employees continue to be the most important part of our Company and have made us who we are today. We are dedicated to the communities in which we live and work and have nearly 2,000 employees in Western NY and Northwest PA.
National Fuel is currently seeking to fill the internship position below in the Purchasing Department for the Summer 2024 semester.
- Work closely with National Fuel’s team of procurement agents and external suppliers, to check on the status of open orders and help expedite orders, helping the Company’s supply chain by ensuring regular deliveries of critical materials and supplies
- Serve as a liaison to help organize, contract for, and ensure the continuity of Company-wide services such as fencing installation and repair, bottled water and coolers, plumbing services and repairs, landscaping and mowing, snow removal, janitorial services, or waste removal services
- Develop content and help execute supplier-facing communication campaigns, based on guidance and input received from subject matter experts
- As part of the Company’s continued commitment to environmental responsibility and emissions reporting, investigate data fields and anomalies by performing research with operating personnel across the Company, and by contacting utility suppliers
- Collaborate with Purchasing Department personnel to continue to update a bidding radar screen, helping to provide management-level reporting on the status of procurement commodities, as well as the timeline associated with planned bidding opportunities
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree/concentration in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Business, Economics, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced) or knowledgeable/open to investigating tools to assist with management-level reporting
- Ability to work with a high level of independence as well as collaboratively with a team.
- Able to learn quickly and take initiative with a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, growth mindset and positive attitude.
- Balance and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Perform all job functions remotely in a virtual environment while teleworking as well as in an office environment on a scheduled basis
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- The base pay for this position is $20/hr.
This position is a paid internship. Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcripts (preferably in PDF format) to email@example.com by February 12, 2024. Attachments with a .docm extension will not be accepted.
Please reference Supply Chain Internship in the subject line of your email.